Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day one on the Elliptical

Today I woke up to a broken dish on the kitchen floor and a bird in my house. I thought for sure this was an omen of things to come...but I went to work with a smile on my face.   all day long I kept telling myself over and over ' you are going to use the elliptical today even if it hurts' so I did just that!  After work I had a few errands to run first but  before dinner was finished I was on my  NEW  exercise machine.   I only did 15 mintues  but I burned 150 calories and to me this is progress.  I know I will have to work at it everyday and eventually I'll be able to put in more time.   I am determined to lose weight and get healthier one step at a time , one day at a time .  

Tomorrow I am buying a scale so I can track my progress.  I will not be a slave to the scale thou, 1 weekly weigh in only.   I will not let myself get discouraged if I do not lose as much as the week before.  I will not skip meals or starve myself ....as much as I know I'll want to,,I know it won't do any good.

I am hoping to start sleeping more regularly too .  wish me luck with my new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment