Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Birthday!

Today was a great day! My husband and I went to breakfast after taking our daughter to the bus stop. It was so nice to be able to sit and enjoy each others company without the kids. We laughed and talked all Thur the meal like we did when we first met. At times, it seemed as if we were the only ones in the room. He kept staring across the table at me smiling and telling me how much he loved me and what I meant to him. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Across the room, I heard loud clapping and singing. All the waitresses were crowded around a table with toy clappers and singing happy birthday to a lady. Well without thinking, I say "Omg, don't' ever do that too me!", and then I realized I had stuck my foot in my mouth as always. Tomorrow is my birthday. Instantly his face lit up and he remembered. It was as if a bell or whistle went off in his head. I looked right at him and said "No , don't do it, I'll kick you under the table if you do!" So he kept asking me if he could tell the waitress it was going to be my birthday tomorrow and I kept telling him no. Finally he stopped asking me and said we were going to be leaving soon anyway. I began to feel bad for bursting his bubble and i gave in. Telling it was fine...but at this point he had changed his mind. Hubby tells me we are leaving after he gets more kiwi off the buffet bar. Accepting it, I grabbed my things and was ready to head for the door. The buffet was out kiwi, so he asked the waitress if she could have more put out. Some time had passed and still no kiwi. He then says "I'm going to wash my hands , they are sticky." "Fine" I say... Minutes later he returns to his seat , still waiting on that kiwi. I am thinking , why are we still waiting. As golible and unsuspecting as I am, I just sat there. Just then, I heard the loud clapping and saw the waitresses coming towards our table. I could feel myself turning red as they got closer to us. They all stood around our table with the toy clappers and sang happy birthday to me and bringing a grilled sticky AL' mode desert with a candle sticking out of it. I was quite embarrassed but I thanked the ladies and hubby , then blew out my candle. It was really funny and sweet of him. I ate the desert and we went home. Even thou it was a day early , my birthday turned out to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment