Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mother , Daughter Time!

Today my daughter and I finally had some long over due quality one on one time. I picked her up after school and after spending 30 minutes looking for my step son ( we won't go there thou,extremely angry!) We were on our way to dinner and the mall!

We were going to have Chinese food but decided on a buffet instead. It was so nice to get away just her and I. She ordered her pop and says.. I want a big cup! It was too cute! We sat in the corner by the window, my favorite spot, away from the noise. The whole way to the restaurant she kept saying she wanted steak but when it came down to it , she ate chicken legs instead. Many chicken legs, more than I would have thought she had room for. Most parents would make their child eat a variety but I was just happy that she was eating at all and getting a full tummy. We talked and laughed over dinner like old friends. Usually her and I argue but tonight we did not. It was awesome! We stayed at the restaurant for a few hours and time just didn't matter. Her and I really need to do this more often. When you live with 5 other people its hard to get away and have one on one time.

After dinner , we went to the mall. Took our time going in every store. I do believe we looked at every piece of jewelry in this one store and all the purses. She was like a little adult. She had her hyper moments too but I kept my cool and didn't let her get on my nerves. I had promised her that we would not fight. so we didn't.

We stopped the pretzel place. Got Pretzel sticks and the best lemon aide ever! We sat on a bench while she ate and watching people go by. The mall was so full of teenagers. OMG.. some of there clothes and styles were so out there. As one girl passed us dressed oddly, my daughter says "mom did you see her pants and boot?!" I was laughing so hard. It was so good to laugh with her.

We stayed at the mall until closing. It was the greatest evening ever! She kept telling it was the best day ever! I can't wait to do this again. I love my daughter so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment