Thursday, January 21, 2010

spending time with my man!

Today hubby and I spent the day together, since it was my off day. I've been dying to spend my $25 best buy gift card. We Had been planning to spend today together for a week. After dropping my daughter off at school, we were on our way.

First stop, Best buy to spend my gift card. Woot Woot, a whole $25! It was a nice drive to best buy down a long twisting country road. Sun was shinning a bit and the scenery was just gorgeous. When we got to the store there was a door greeter at the entrance. My hubby's first words were "Woah!" as he stared hard at this man. Dude looked like he had just stepped out of the 70's or maybe even the local homeless shelter. He had long straight hair, a bushy beard and was covered in tattoos. Not really the picture perfect image for a door greeter. We both laughed and couldn't help to stare as we passed by him. Once over that little giggle, I began my search and was determined to use my gift card. My man walked off to the computers, while I started with the Cd's and whatever I could find under 25 bucks. A few store associates approached me asking " Is there anything I can help you with?" but of course as always, I replied with my typical response "No thank you I'm just looking." Scoping out every aisle, I wandered the store in search of the perfect thing to get. Eventually I had narrowed it down to CDs, books, movies, pc games and handheld touch screen games. Finally I made my decision and picked a Sugarland CD, freecell electronic handheld game and orange fayco pop. At the checkout my total was $28 and I knew it was wrong because I had carefully picked items within the gift card amount. So I speak up and say, umm how much was this pop (it was the only thing I didn't' know a price for). The cashier checks and then I have him tell me how much each item was. My game scanned as the wrong price. It was showing up $14.99 but it was clearly marked on the shelf as $9.99. Of course I wasn't' letting this one go, I piped up and said " NO that game is 9.99, that is what the tag said." He goes to look and like I already knew , I was right. So problem solved , prices fixed, I was a happy customer and on my way.

Next stop , Lunch at the Olive Garden! The restaurant wasn't' quite open yet, so we stood outside for a bit. Freezing my butt off too! A group of old men were standing around with us waiting to go inside. They looked like old friends meeting for lunch to catch up. Before we knew it , someone came to unlock the doors and soon we'd be enjoying a nice Italian meal. Everything on the menu looked so delicious that I was having a hard time deciding on just one thing. Usually its hubby that can't decide. We ordered an appetizer, Smoked Mozzarella Fondue. Finally after about ten minutes of staring at the menu, I made my decision and picked Manicotti Formaggio with Chicken. Omg it was so good! Hubby ordered the Chicken Scampi, unlimited soup and salad. It was so nice to have lunch without the kids. Just hubby and I , enjoying each others company. We took our time eating, talking and taking it all in. While desert looked so good , there just wasn't room. I turned my new cd on and we were headed for home.

After driving for awhile and giving our stomach a chance to settle we agreed that we could squeeze in some desert. We both wanted ice cream so we stopped at Dairy Queen close to home and had waffle bowls. I had a chocolate coated waffle bowl with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, strawberries and cool whip. Yummy! Hubby had to have chocolate ice cream with his. I made sure I finished all of my ice cream. It was oh so good!!! MMM wish I had more!

Finally we were home and it was time to get back to our normal life with house full of kids and no where quiet, but the good times were not quite finished. Hubby suggested I order the kids pizza and skip out on cooking. Awesome idea, I thought so I ordered them 2 pizzas.

I had the most perfect day with the greatest man ever! I Love my man so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment